The Families of Denison Montessori (FDM) is a 501c3 Non-Profit which acts as the school’s Parent-Teacher Organization and exists for charitable and educational purposes to Denison Montessori School. We are comprised of parents, staff and community members who are committed to working together to improve, enhance and support the educational experience at Denison Montessori. We strive to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement. Our goal is to improve the environment at Denison through volunteer and financial support. Each year we set our goals which focus mainly on community building and fundraising. We truly need your help and support! Please consider volunteering and getting the word out about our fundraisers in order to help Denison Montessori thrive!
Fundraisers play a very important function at our Denison School. Funding is increasingly limited as our school works off of the Denver public school budget. As many already know, education funding has been crippled and Montessori methods and concepts tend to require more resources than general public schools. Some events we do are: Dining for Denison, Coin Collection, Fun Run, Book fair, Denison Achieves, and many more!
Parent participation is an invaluable asset to every child. It increases the aptitude of learning and gives them more fulfillment knowing that their parents are involved and care about what they are working on in school. The Montessori method utilizes conceptual learning in the classroom and some parents do not realize that learning also continues in the home. Here are just a few reasons to get involved with Families of Denison Montessori:
1. Be a Role Model.
2. By becoming involved, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
3. Get Engaged. Discover what’s happening in your school.
4. Be our great Resources. FDM offers a variety of events created for parents and students.
5. Parent Support. Share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community.
6. Volunteering. You gain valuable experiences and opportunities to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a great cause.
7. Witness Improvement. You’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. FDM has an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events–all vital to a school’s success.
Passive ways to donate at no cost to you!
1.Login to your King Soopers or City Market account.
2. Search for Families of Denison Montessori or GQ371 then click Enroll.
3.New users will need to create an account.
Participants must swipe their registered King Soopers or City Market loyalty card or use the phone number when shopping for each purchase to count. FDM will receive a % of your purchases! It adds up!
Let us know how we're doing. Have suggestions? Want more info? Say hello!