About the FDM
The Families of Denison Montessori (FDM) is a 5013c comprised of parents, staff and community members who are committed to working together to improve, enhance and support the educational experience at Denison Montessori. We strive to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement. Our goal is to improve the environment at Denison through volunteer and financial support. Each year we set our goals which focus mainly on community building and fundraising. We truly need your help and support! Please consider volunteering and getting the word out about our fundraisers in order to help Denison Montessori thrive!
Goals and Mission
Our mission is to bring the community together in hopes to provide the best support we can with the goal of enriching the education at Denison Montessori school.
Fundraisers play a very important function at our Dension School. Funding is increasingly limited as our school works off of the Denver public school budget. As many already know, education funding has been crippled and Montessori methods and concepts tend to require more resources than general public schools. Some events we do are: Fall festival, Book fair, Bake sale, Restaurant nights, Denison Soiree, and many more!
Parent participation is an invaluable asset to every child. It increases the aptitude of learning and gives them more fulfillment knowing that their parents are involved and care about what they are working on in school. The Montessori method utilizes conceptual learning in the classroom and some parents do not realize that learning also continues in the home. Here are just a few reasons to get involved with Families of Denison Montessori:
1. Be a Role Model.
2. By becoming involved, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
3. Get Engaged. Discover what’s happening in your school.
4. Be our great Resources. FDM offers a variety of events created for parents and students.
5. Parent Support. Share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community.
6. Volunteering. You gain valuable experiences and opportunities to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a great cause.
7. Witness Improvement. You’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. FDM has an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events–all vital to a school’s success.